Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A bug bit me!!!

Luckily, it was not a crawly one. I am thinking though, that it could be equally as dangerous and maybe even annoying to hubby. The bug that bit me was a "quilting bug". My mother-in-law, bless her heart has shown me that all of my quilting anxieties were just a figment of my imagination. I have tried in the past, completely cold and ignorant to even basics, and did create a horrible hideous contraption. It never really got past a couple of rows, I was afraid of the cutting part and so on. Like I said, it was a mess and destined to disaster. I had also picked a pattern from a quilting magazine that truly is beautiful, but gives you no direction. I tucked my quilting desires away for years...until now.

This is the quilt pattern that MIL encouraged me to do. Its very basic and looks really good. Ok, providing you have an eye for fabric and putting them in such a pattern to have them look good. Hmm....another avenue for me to play with my creativity. Do I really need another one? Do I really have time? Probably not. But, the way I have it figured out...this is now completly out of my control. That bug bit me and I just have to scratch.

I have been working on this for a few days as time allowed. I do enjoy it- I like to sew. This morning I went with MIL to Joann's Fabric. That's when I knew I was bit. All of the beautiful material. And this one with that one. And oh, wouldn't that look great for a little girl. Oh my goodness! I am not even through with the first one and already I am designing some for Christmas and Birthdays. I don't know if I have time for this, but I'll enjoy it while I can.

For this quilt, I was going through my fabric stash(We all have one, don't we? Fess up!) to make some aprons or doll clothes or something. I came across all of this blue material. Different shades and patterns and such. I laid them across the table and told myself that these would make a beautiful quilt one day, so I left them there and found what I needed for my project at hand. (OK, I'll fess up! One of the many!) The biggest mistake I made was leaving those stacks of blue material on the table to look at me all day. Because before the day was over, I had taked myself into BELIEVING that I could make a quilt. So, here we go! And with any luck, it will be the vision I saw in my head when I am done.

No comments: